Recently we stumbled upon a task to set some properties of a personal mysite site collection of a user – we wanted to get precisly the user (owner) whose the site collection is, not the user who is browsing the sitecollection (current user) nor the user who is running a script. We found two ways of doing this.
In this guide I will try to share my experience in branding projects in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online. Basicly I would like to show You, how to start a branding project for the newest versions of Microsoft collaboration platform. This series will apear every week (or try they will) starting from 12.02.2014.
- Where to start? Knowledge, possiblities and DON’Ts.
- Project scope. Branding Publishing and teamsites. System masterpage problems…
- Design Manager. The new concept of branding.
- Everything has a Content Type.
- Composed Looks. The client chooses the colors
- Creating solution package – sandbox/server when/difference why what
- Features and event receivers.
- Modules – put files where they belong.
- Elements file – proper configuration for project files.
- Masterpages. HTML vs master when why how/difference
- Masterpages. DOs and DON’Ts.
- Layout pages – to lay out content on your site.
- XSL styling. When the standard webpart is not enough.
- The tricky part – site collections and relative paths.
- Composed Looks Implementation. The client chooses the look.
- Deploying the solution, activation, troubleshooting.